Thursday, May 3, 2012

Ambassadors can make a difference at your church

Often when I visit churches I stand around and see if anyone reaches out to me. I can learn a lot about their friendliness to guests. Rarely do I have someone talk to me. Which is sad. Yes, I do brush my teeth. But Sunday was different. I visited Community Church north of Baltimore. A man named Rick Szalecki saw me and came over to say Hi. We talked awhile and then he invited me to sit with him.

I've often encouraged churches to develop a team that one church calls Ambassadors. Ambassadors are floating greeters. They are highly relational people that walk around and look for people who need someone to talk to them. They may often be the only personal contact a new person has at the church and be the difference in whether they choose to come back. They can also multiply their efforts by then introducing the new person to another member who they know would make the new person comfortable.

Job Description: Watch, Meet, Assist, Introduce

No comments:

Post a Comment